- This event has passed.
Fraud Awareness & Prevention Seminar
April 19 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pmFree
Learn how to protect yourself from online, phone and other fraud!
- Fraud awareness for seniors
- Cybercrime, Passwords & Computer Security
- Counterfeit Money
- Counterfeit Goods
The day will be divided up into sessions, starting at 9:30am. Added to the four core sessions below, will be four presentations from local financial providers based on their experience with our community and these types of fraud. The final order of the sessions and presentations will be published here when confirmed.
- 9:30 – 10:30am: Fraud Awareness for Seniors – presented by Brock Godfrey from the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
- Coffee Break
- 11:00am – Noon: Recognizing Counterfeit Money – presented by Manuel Parreira, Regional Director of the Bank of Canada
- 12:30pm – 1:15pm: Recognizing Counterfeit Goods (presenter TBD)
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Cybercrime, Passwords & Computer Security – presented by Brock Godfrey
- 2:45pm – TBA
About Brock Godfrey
Brock retired in 1993 from the Ontario Ministry of Education after 30 years in education. He joined Phone Busters in 1997 as a Volunteer Senior Buster. He has been instrumental in educating the public and raising awareness of illegal mass marketing fraud and ID theft, which is clearlfy the most successful and effective long-term strategy in reducing the number of fraud victims. Brock received the Superintendent’s Award of Distinction from the RCMP for his anti-fraud work.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar