If you’re not in the guide – how will area visitors find you?
The opportunity to get in the book is OPEN TO ALL LOCAL BUSINESSES (you don’t need to be a Grand Bend & Area Chamber Member). Harness the guide’s established brand to promote your business.
Put your advertising dollars to work and make sure residents and visitors don’t miss your business. Our year-to-year advertising renewal rate is in excess of 90%. Find out how valuable our guide can be for your business.
The guide covers all the communities in a radius around the “Main Beach” located in Grand Bend: Arkona, Bayfield, Dashwood, Exeter, Forest, Grand Bend, Hensall, Ipperwash, Kettle Point, Northville, Parkhill, Port Franks, St. Joseph, Thedford, Zurich and more.
Sun-kissed sandy beaches draw visitors to our area – the Visitors’ Guide draws them to you!
- Free QR codes
- An online FlipBook version is published on the area’s official and foremost tourist-focused website – www.grandbendtourism.com
- 30,000 guides with Ontario-wide distribution
- Your business is mapped on a street or local level map and listed in an advertisers’ index along with your phone number
Circulation & Distribution
30,000 copies are distributed to 64 official Ontario Tourism Information Centres and independent Travel Centres, as well as 240 locations along the Highway 21 corridor at hotels/motels, restaurants, retailers, attractions, libraries, municipal buildings and other business locations in Lambton Shores, Bluewater, South Huron and Goderich, the London Airport, Huron Country Playhouse, Blyth Festival and Stratford Festival. Annually, we mail out more than 100 information packges to interested travellers.
The Tourist Welcome Centre, located just 500m from Grand Bend’s Blue Flag Beach, hands out 4,000+ copies annually just at that location.
2017 Advertising Rates & Sizes
- NEW – LARGER FORMAT GUIDE (8.125-inches x 10.875-inches)
- NEW – PULL-OUT MAP (34.5-inches x 20.5-inches)
- NEW – MORE AD SIZE CHOICES
- Early Bird Discount – Book and pay by September 16, 2016 and SAVE 10%
- Multiple Ad Discount – SAVE 20% on your second and succeeding ads
- Not-for-Profit Organization Discount – SAVE 20%
- Early Bird Book & Pay: September 16, 2016
- Last Booking Day: December 2, 2016
- Artwork Due: December 2, 2016
|Chamber & BIA Members||Non-Members|
|Back Page**||8.125" x 10.875"||$1,200||NA|
|Inside Covers**||8.125" x 10.875"||$900||NA|
|Full Page||7.25" x 9.687"||$750||$900|
|Half Page - horizontal||7.25" x 4.5"||$525||$615|
|Half Page - vertical||3.5" x 9.684"||$525||$615|
|Quarter Page - horizontal||7.25" x 2.25"||$325||$390|
|Quarter Page - vertical||3.5" x 4.75"||$325||$390|
|Sixth Page||3.5" x 3.125"||$225||$290|
|Twelfth Page||3.5" x 1.5"||$150||$190|
**Premium positions reserved for Chamber Members. Sorry no discounts.
Ad Specification & Requirements
How To Send Us Your Ad
Email to email@example.com or via Dropbox.
Use These Programs for Ad Creation
Adobe Creative Suite CS3 or newer or a high resolution print-ready PDF or JPG created in an appropriate graphics software such as Photoshop or Illustrator
DO NOT USE THESE PROGRAMS TO CREATE YOUR AD / We will not accept files created in:
- Microsoft Word or Excel
- Adobe InDesign CS2
- Or any Windows document
- Use 300 dpi for colour and grayscale images
- Use 1200 dpi resolution for lineart images
- Convert colours to CMYK
- No rich black text
- Rich black fills 100% black/40% cyan
- PDF files accepted as long as they are high resolution
- When creating PDFs, the compression setting should have no boxes selected and in the advanced section, select distill with prologue.ps/epilogue.ps. Use device independent for colour conversion
- Art should be “at size” for the ad or larger. When small files are enlarged, they degrade!
- Do not use art obtained from a website – it is not high enough resolution / quality.
- Postscript Level 1 or 2
- Convert True Type Fonts to outlines or paths
Web Badge Advertising Option
Our consumer-focused – GrandBendTourism.com – has almost 2-million pageviews annually, making it the go-to website for residents and tourists seeking information on where to stay, play, dine, shop and obtain services.
Boost your presence with a specially priced web badge campaign offered at a 10% discount of the regular pricing when you book a print guide ad.
Sample Web Badge
Web Badge Size & Specs
- Size: 250 pixels x 250 pixels
- Banner advertising is sold in 3, 6, 9 and 12-month
periods with a minimum 3-month buy.
- Acceptable file formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, swf
- Acceptable file sizes for large web badge: 25kb
for standard graphic file; 35kb for Flash/swf
|Campaign||Member Pricing||Non-Member Pricing|
|3-month3||$45 - 10%||$50 - 10%|
|6-month3||$84 - 10%||$94 - 10%|
|9-month3||$117 - 10%||$130 - 10%|
|12-months||$144 - 10%||$164 - 10%|
Note: Advertising on GrandBendTourism.com normally restricted to members only. This is a special opportunity extended to all guide advertisers!