If you’re not in the guide – how will area visitors find you?
It Starts At The Beach…And Ends Where You Want visitor activities guide is the GO TO SOURCE of area information – in print and online – for thousands of residents and visitors. The guide covers all the communities in a radius around the “Main Beach” including: Arkona, Bayfield, Dashwood, Exeter, Forest, Grand Bend, Hensall, Ipperwash, Kettle & Stony Point, Northville, Parkhill, Port Franks, St. Joseph, Thedford, Zurich and more.
Put your advertising dollars to work and make sure residents and visitors don’t miss your business. Our year-to-year advertising renewal rate is in excess of 90%. Find out how valuable our guide can be for your business.
This advertising opportunity is OPEN TO ALL LOCAL BUSINESSES (you don’t need to be a Grand Bend & Area Chamber Member). Plus – we extend Chamber Member discounts to members of local BIAs and sister Chambers (Exeter BIA, Forest BIA, Bayfield Chamber, South Huron Chamber & Zurich Chamber).
GREAT Advertising Value!
- Full year circulation
- Digital FlipBook version published on GrandBendTourism.com
- Your online FlipBook ad linked to Your website or facebook page
- Your location mapped on either the pull-out map OR in the Maps section of the guide
- Your business listed in the Advertisers’ Index with your phone number, ad page number, map and map marker number
- 35,000 Ontario-Wide & Local distribution
- FREE QR codes – ask us how to leverage this technology in your ad
It Starts At The Beach is distributed far and wide…
- 68 official Ontario Tourist Travel Centres
- 240+ locations along Highway 21 from Sarnia to Goderich and inland along Highway 4 from Parkhill to Goderich
- Tourism Partners – Hotels, Restaurants, Retailers & Attractions
- Municipal Facilities & Libraries in Lambton Shores, South Huron, Bluewater and North Middlesex
- London Airport, Huron Country Playhouse, Blyth Festival, Victoria Playhouse
- Thousands of copies picked up at the Welcome Centre in Grand Bend, Exeter & Goderich
- Mailed out to interested travellers
Prefer to fill out a paper form and email to us? Download the 2019 Visitor Guide Advertising Package (PDF)
2019 Guide Ad Sizes & Prices
|Chamber & BIA Members||Non-Members|
|Back Page**||8.125-in x 10.875-in||$2,000||Not available|
|Inside Covers**||8.125-in x 10.875-in||$1,325||Not available|
|Full Page||7.25-in x 9.687-in||$1,025||$1,400|
|Half Page - horizontal||7.25-in x 4.5-in||$600||$700|
|Half Page - vertical||3.5-in x 9.687-in||$600||$700|
|Quarter Page - horizontal||7.25-in x 2.25-in||$375||$450|
|Quarter Page - vertical||3.5-in x 4.75-in||$375||$450|
|Sixth Page||3.5-in x 3.125-in||$250||$325|
|Twelfth Page||3.5-in x 1.5-in||$150||$200|
|Map Advertiser - Back Panel**||7.25-in x 9.687-in||$2,000||Not available|
|Map Advertiser - Front Panel Logo w/Sponsor Statement**||1.5-in x 10-in||$500||Not available|
|Map Trail Sponsor - Logo w/Sponsor Statement||1-in x 1-in||$99**||$99**|
** $99 trail map locations are with purchase of full or half page guide ad.
**Premium positions reserved for Chamber Members. No discounts on premium positions.
Map Ads & Prices
MAP’S BACK COVER – $2,000 – one opportunity
Your full-page ad on the back cover of the pull-out map! In addition to the maps inside the guides, 1,000 extra maps are printed and used by the Lambton Shores Nature Trailblazers at outdoor consumer shows and on the trails! (Available ONLY to Grand Bend Area Chamber of Commerce members.)
FRONT COVER – $500 – one opportunity
Your business logo with a map sponsor statement on the map’s front cover.
TRAIL SPONSORSHIP – $99 w/purchase of full-page or half-page ad – 12 opportunities
USE THESE PROGRAMS FOR AD CREATION: Adobe Creative Suite CS3 or newer, Photoshop or Illustrator.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT FILES CREATED IN: Publisher, Microsoft Word or Excel, Pagemaker, Adobe InDesign CS2, Or any Windows document. These programs do not create a file that can produce properly on commercial print equipment!
ACCEPTED FILE FORMAT: High resolution, press-ready PDFs or JPGs. Finished PDF to be high-resolution (300 DPI) with all fonts outlined and images embedded. Prior to creation of PDF, all colours and images to be converted to CMYK (no spot colours or RGB). No Rich Black text and Rich Black fills to be 100% black/ 40% cyan. Ad art to be “at size” or larger (small files degrade when enlarged to ad size). Postscript Level 1 or 2. Convert True Type Fonts to outlines . Do not use art images from a website, they are NOT high enough resolution / quality.
How To Send Us Your Ad
Deadline to Advertise
- Early Bird Book & Pay: July 31, 2018
- Last Booking Day: October 12, 2018
- Artwork Due: Within 30 days of your booking
Art Services – $50/hour
Graphic design assistance is provided by Ashley (email@example.com) and Stacey (firstname.lastname@example.org) at a cost of $50/hour. If you need assistance, please contact them directly.
We have every advertisers raw graphic files (PSD) from previous guides available for use by Ashley and Stacey or a designer of your choice. Simply contact Susan at email@example.com for the files (provided at no cost).
Discounts & Add-Ons
- Early Bird Discount – Book and pay by July 31, 2018 and SAVE 10%
- Multiple Ad Discount – SAVE 20% on your second and succeeding ads (discount applies to smaller ad)
- Charities, Service Clubs & Fundraising Events – SAVE 20%
Web Badge Advertising
Get 10% off the regular web badge pricing when you book an ad in the guide. Advertising on GrandBendTourism.com is normally restricted to members only. This is a special opportunity extended to all guide advertisers!
- Size: 250 pixels x 250 pixels
- Campaign Duration: 3, 6, 9 & 12-month slots / Minimum 3-month buy
- File Formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, swf
- File Weight: 25kb for standard graphic; 35kb for Flash/swf
Our Google Analytics for GrandBendTourism.com indicate that in 2017 this website had 170,969 unique visitors, a monthly average visitor rate of 14,247 and our busiest day was July 1, 2017.
|Campaign||Member Pricing||Non-Member Pricing|
|3-months||$45 - 10%||$50 - 10%|
|6-months||$84 - 10%||$94 - 10%|
|9-months||$117 - 10%||$130 - 10%|
|12-months||$144 - 10%||$164 - 10%|
Get on GrandBendTourism.com – $100 w/ ad purchase
GET LISTED on the foremost tourism website promoting this area – GrandBendTourism.com. With a minimum guide ad buy of sixth page ad or larger, your business name, address, phone, email and website will be listed in the appropriate category(ies).
Outdoor Map & Literature Board Advertising – $249 w/ad purchase
Prominently located in front of the Welcome Centre (0.5km from the Main Beach in Grand Bend), the outdoor map and literature board has space for up to 18 advertisers surrounding Grand Bend’s street map. The literature holder is stocked with visitor guides. The pick-up rate in summer indicates 1,000 people view the board weekly.
We’re extending Member Pricing to guide advertisers! Each spot is reserved for 12-months, during which you can swap out your ad as many times as you want (think seasonal promotions).
- COST: $249.
- SIZE: 13-inches wide by 8-inches tall. Send us a high-resolution PDF or JPG and we will print your full-colour ad on professional quality, photographic paper.
Don’t Forget Social Media – Connect With Us For Free
We post photos, events and area promotions on Facebook.com/grandbendtourism. In 2017, we had 179k likes, 227k “engaged” users and average monthly post impressions of 36k. Make sure your business is connected to us. #grandbendtoursim #itstartsatthebeach