What Kind of Town Do You Want in 10 or 20 Years?
What Kind of Town Do You Want in 10 or 20 Years? is a report capturing the results of a Chamber-hosted round-table meeting held May 27, 2015 at which representatives from local business, service clubs, Kettle & Stony Point First Nation and Lambton Shores councilors and senior staff attended to share their insights to assist Lambton Shores’ strategic planning. The purpose of this proactive approach was to provide Lambton Shores with actionable strategic suggestions from the business community as the Municipality begins its strategic planning process.
Download What Kind of Town Do You Want in 10 or 20 Years? (PDF). Download the accompanying press release sent to local meda.
The documents listed below were referenced as informative to the round-table meeting.
- Current strategic plan (PDF) – revised May 2014
- Greater Grand Bend Region Strategic Marketing Plan (PDF) (prepared for Town of Bosanquet, Township of Stephen & Village of Grand Bend, by Kevin C. Walsh, Economic Development Officer, final version March 1998)
- Economic Development Action Plan (PDF) – prepared by Economic Development Committee, submitted to Lambton Shores Council, August 7, 2014
Tourism Services Reports
The Grand Bend & Area Chamber of Commerce provides local Tourism & Visitor Services to the Municipality of Lambton Shores. The Chamber produces an annual report on these activities to Municipal Council and for public review.
- Tourism-Report-Lambton-Shores-2013 (PDF) – see online version
- Tourism-Report-Lambton-Shores-2012 (PDF)
56 Years of Service
Grand Bend & Area Chamber of Commerce is a provincially incorporated not-for-profit corporation. Although the Chamber existed as an organization prior to August 29, 1957 – the date we were granted Membership in the Ontario Chamber of Commerce – we were incorporated in Ontario on October 31, 1975. The signatories to the Articles of Incorporation were George Kadlecik, Peter Haist and Donald Southcott.
Our Bylaws have been updated a few times since they were originally developed, the most recent updates were approved at the 2012 AGM and affected mostly word changes to more clearly identify the Board versus the Executive versus the Officers of the corporation.
Grand-Bend-Area-Chamber-of-Commerce-bylaws-Feb20-2013 (PDF) – updated February 20, 2013 at the 2012 Annual General Meeting.