When: February 26, 2013 / 1 – 2:30pm / Grand Bend Legion
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is the Chamber’s business event at which we elect directors, review and approve the financial statements, present the succeeding year’s budget and provide an annual report of the year’s events and activities.
The Chamber’s fiscal year runs from November 1 through to October 31. A financial review engagement is held to confirm the accuracy of the financial statements and compliance with current corporate legislation.
To view the Minutes and any other documentation presented at AGM’s, visit Minutes & Meetings (you will need password access to access the documents – contact Manager Susan Mills at 519-238-2001).
2013 Annual General Meeting
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 1-2:30pm
- Registration 1-1:15pm
- The Royal Canadian Legion, 20 Municipal Drive, Grand Bend
- Light refreshments will be served
All members in good standing (i.e. members whose membership fees are paid-in-full) are entitled to vote. If you are unable to attend, you may designate your vote to a representative through a completed Proxy Form.
Agenda for the Meeting
- Opening Remarks / Scrutineer’s Report
- Approval of the Minutes of the 2012 Annual General Meeting (Voting item)
- Year End Report (Discussion item)
- Presentation & Adoption of the 2013 Financial Statements (Voting item)
- Re-appointment of The Fisher Corporation as the financial review firm for 2014 (Voting item)
- Election of Directors to the Board (Voting item)
- Confirmation of resolutions to the Chamber’s (Voting item)
- Questions / New Business
- Adjournment & Closing Remarks
- AGM-Minutes-February 20, 2013 (DRAFT)
- 2013 Financial Statements (DRAFT – will be posted here when available)
- Grand Bend & Area Chamber of Commerce bylaws
How To Vote
All Members are invited and encouraged to attend and vote (one authorized representative per Member business). Voting is by a show of hands at the AGM or if a Member is unable to attend, they may designate by PROXY a representative to vote on their behalf. Please note, a PROXY representative must also be a Member
How To Nominate a Director
Any Member may nominate a fellow Member for service on the Chamber’s Board of Directors. Nominations must be received at the Chamber’s offices on or before Friday, January 17, 2014.
The Nominating Committee will present to the Membership at the AGM a list of eligible nominees for election to the Board. There is a maximum of 9 Directors permitted. For 2014, the Chamber seeks four (4) directors.
How To Submit a Resolution
The purpose of a Resolution may be to alter the operations of the Chamber through changes to its Bylaws or to propose a position or activity to be undertaken by the Chamber.