If you’re not in the guide – how will area visitors find you?
It Starts At The Beach…And Ends Where You Want visitor activities guide is the GO TO SOURCE of area information – in print and online – for thousands of residents and visitors. The guide covers all the communities in a radius around the “Main Beach” including: Arkona, Bayfield, Dashwood, Exeter, Forest, Grand Bend, Hensall, Ipperwash, Kettle & Stony Point, Northville, Parkhill, Port Franks, St. Joseph, Thedford, Zurich and more.
Put your advertising dollars to work and make sure residents and visitors don’t miss your business. Our year-to-year advertising renewal rate is in excess of 90%. Find out how valuable our guide can be for your business.
This advertising opportunity is OPEN TO ALL LOCAL BUSINESSES (you don’t need to be a Grand Bend & Area Chamber Member). Plus – we extend Chamber Member discounts to members of local BIAs and sister Chambers (Exeter BIA, Forest BIA, Bayfield Chamber, South Huron Chamber & Zurich Chamber).
GREAT Advertising Value!
- Full year circulation
- Digital FlipBook version published on ItStartsAtTheBeach.ca
- Your online FlipBook ad linked to Your website or facebook page
- Your location mapped on either the pull-out map OR in the Maps section of the guide
- Your business listed in the Advertisers’ Index with your phone number, ad page number, map and map marker number
- 35,000 Ontario-Wide & Local distribution
- FREE QR codes – ask us how to leverage this technology in your ad
It Starts At The Beach is distributed far and wide…
- 68 official Ontario Tourist Travel Centres
- 240+ locations along Highway 21 from Sarnia to Goderich and inland along Highway 4 from Parkhill to Goderich
- Tourism Partners – Hotels, Restaurants, Retailers & Attractions
- Municipal Facilities & Libraries in Lambton Shores, South Huron, Bluewater and North Middlesex
- London Airport, Huron Country Playhouse, Blyth Festival, Victoria Playhouse
- Thousands of copies picked up at the Welcome Centre in Grand Bend, Exeter & Goderich
- Mailed out to interested travellers
Prefer to fill out a paper form and email to us? Download the 2020 Visitor Guide Advertising Package (PDF)
2020 Guide Ad Sizes & Prices
|Chamber & BIA Members||Non-Members|
|Back Page***||8.125-in x 10.875-in||$2,500||Not available|
|Inside Covers***||8.125-in x 10.875-in||$1,725||Not available|
|Section Kick-Off Page***||7.25-in x 9.687-in||$1,400||$1,500|
|Centre-Fold Page||7.25-in x 9.687-in||$1,400||$1,500|
|Full Page||7.25-in x 9.687-in||$1,200||$1,400|
|Half Page - horizontal||7.25-in x 4.5-in||$600||$700|
|Half Page - vertical||3.5-in x 9.687-in||$600||$700|
|Quarter Page - horizontal||7.25-in x 2.25-in||$375||$450|
|Quarter Page - vertical||3.5-in x 4.75-in||$375||$450|
|Sixth Page||3.5-in x 3.125-in||$250||$325|
|Twelfth Page||3.5-in x 1.5-in||$150||$200|
|Map Advertiser - Back Panel**||7.25-in x 4.5-in||$1,000||$1,000|
|Map Advertiser - Front Panel Logo w/Sponsor Statement**||1.5-in x 1.5-in||$500||$500|
|Map Trail Sponsor - Logo w/Sponsor Statement||1-in x 1-in||$99**||$99**|
|Own the Town Map Sponsor***||1-in x 1-in||$125||$125|
- *Centre-fold falls in the Taste Explorer section and therefore these ads must be food or beverage related.
- ** $99 trail map locations are with minimum purchase of quarter page guide ad.
- ***No discounts on premium placement ads, map or trail logo placements, ItStartsAtTheBeach.ca profiles or Outdoor Map & Literature Board ads. No additional discounts on already discounted web bade ads.
Map Ads & Sponsorships
Your half-page ad on the back cover of the pull-out map! In addition to the maps inside the guides, 1,000 extra maps are printed and used by the Lambton Shores Nature Trailblazers at outdoor consumer shows and on the trails!
FRONT COVER – $500 – one opportunity
Your business logo with a map sponsor statement on the map’s front cover.
TRAIL SPONSORSHIP – $99 w/purchase of quarter-page ad – 12 opportunities
Your logo with sponsor statement displayed beside the hiking trail of your choice (first come first served).
Your logo and website address on the town map of your choice, with a minimum half-page ad purchase. Towns available: Arkona, Bayfield, Exeter, Forest, Grand Bend, Hensall, Port Franks, Thedford, and Zurich.
Artwork: All ads must be supplied in a format that meets commercial print process specifications (300DPI): PDF (PDFx1/a preferred), PSD, AI, InDesign (packaged), EPS, TIFF, JPG. All colours and images to be converted to CMYK (no spot colours or RGB). Convert True Type Fonts to outlines. No Rich Black text. Rich Black fills to be 100% black / 40% cyan. Ad artwork to be “at size” or larger. Do not use images from a website, they are not high enough resolution.
Not Accepted: Files created in Corel Draw, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Publisher).
Advertiser assumes all responsibility for the accuracy of information in supplied matierial.
Deadline to Advertise
- Early Bird Book & Pay: July 31, 2019
- Last Booking Day: October 18, 2019
- Artwork Due: October 31, 2019
Art Services – $50/hour
We have negotiated a special design rate for guide advertisers of $50 per hour. If you decide to contract with Stacey or Jessie, be sure to let them know you are advertising in our guide so that the correct rate is charged.
We have every advertisers raw graphic files (PSD) from previous guides available for use by the designer of your choice. Simply contact Susan at [email protected] for the files (provided at no cost).
Discounts & Add-Ons
- Early Bird Discount – Book and pay by July 31, 2019 and SAVE 10%. The invoice must be paid by the cut-off date or the discount is null and void and a replacement invoice will be provided.
- Multiple Ad Discount – SAVE 20% on your second and succeeding ads (discount applies to smaller ad).
- Charities, Service Clubs & Fundraising Events – SAVE 20%.
Web Badge Advertising
Get 10% off regular web pricing when you book a guide ad. Advertising on ItStartsAtTheBeach.ca is normally reserved for members only – this is a special opportunity extended to all guide advertisers!
- Size: 250 pixels x 250 pixels
- Campaign Duration: 3, 6, 9 & 12-month slots / Minimum 3-month buy
- File Formats: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, swf
- File Weight: 25kb for standard graphic; 35kb for Flash/swf
Our Google Analytics for ItStartsAtTheBeach.ca indicates the website had 207,153 unique visitors and a monthly average visitor rate of 17,263.
|Campaign||Member Pricing||Non-Member Pricing|
|3-months||$45 - 10%||$50 - 10%|
|6-months||$84 - 10%||$94 - 10%|
|9-months||$117 - 10%||$130 - 10%|
|12-months||$144 - 10%||$164 - 10%|
Get on ItStartsAtTheBeach.ca – $100 w/ ad purchase
ItStartsAtTheBeach.ca is up-to-date, responsive, tourist-friendly and mobile-friendly. It displays the digital copy of the visitor guide, opportunities for visitors to sign-up to the monthly e-newsletter, send us information and visitor guide requests, check the beach cam, get event listings and connect with businesses and advertisers.
Basic Electronic Profile $100: Includes business name, address, phone, email, website and/or Facebook URL and 60-word description online.
Enhanced Electronic Profile $249: Includes the basic electronic profile plus up to three photos, company logo and 120-word description online.
Profiles require minimum visitor guide ad purchase of a Sixth page ad.
Outdoor Map & Literature Board Advertising – $249 w/ad purchase
Prominently located in front of the Welcome Centre (0.5km from the Main Beach in Grand Bend), the outdoor map and literature board has space for up to 18 advertisers surrounding Grand Bend’s street map. The literature holder is stocked with visitor guides. The summer pick-up rate indicates 1,000 people view the board weekly.
We’re extending Member Pricing to guide advertisers! Each spot is reserved for 12-months, during which you can swap out your ad as many times as you want (think seasonal promotions).
- COST: $249.
- SIZE: 13-inches wide by 8-inches tall. Send us a high-resolution PDF or JPG and we will print your full-colour ad on professional quality, photographic paper for FREE.
The e-newsletter boasts a 24% open rate, 4% points higher than the travel industry average.
- Standard E-Newsletter ad: $99/issue
- E-Newsletter Feature Story: Be an E-Newsletter feature story, with photos and links: $249 (one feature per issue!; only 12 spots available for the year)
Don’t Forget Social Media – Connect With Us For Free
We post photos, events and area promotions on Facebook.com/grandbendtourism. In 2017, we had 179k likes, 227k “engaged” users and average monthly post impressions of 36k. Make sure your business is connected to us. #grandbendtoursim #itstartsatthebeach